- List all categories with links to all posts
- URI SHORTENING
A sure fire way to kill traffic, search engine rankings, and revenues on the long haul. Invented by TinyURL, made popular by Twitter, short URIs (falsely known as shortened URLs) are often abused for traffic theft and other evil Internet marketing purposes (for example bypassing filters that are supposed to prevent minors from viewing hardcore porn and other adult content).
- URI shortening 6 posts.
- While doing evil, reluctantly: Size, er trust matters. (2 comments)
- How brain-amputated developers created the social media plague (10 comments)
- How to disagree on Twitter, machine-readable (6 comments)
- How to cleverly integrate your own URI shortener (6 comments)
- As if sloppy social media users ain’t bad enough … search engines support traffic theft (6 comments)
- Search engines should make shortened URIs somewhat persistent (10 comments)
Share/bookmark this: del.icio.us • Google • ma.gnolia • Mixx • Netscape • reddit • Sphinn • Squidoo • StumbleUpon • Yahoo MyWeb
Subscribe to Entries Comments All Comments