The Rubber Chicken Award honors the year’s most serious SEO research. Extra brownie points are given to the dullest draft and the most tedious wording.
Rumors are swirling that Google’s search
quality spam task force has developed the complex RCAFHITSI©™ algopatent pending® which compiles and ranks search blog posts presented to Mike Blumenthals’s Rubber Chicken Award Jury:
- Bill Slawski
- Greg Sterling
- Rand Fishkin
- Danny Sullivan
- Matt Cutts (suspected final arbiter and extremely busy, so we don’t know whether he’ll show up or not)
Here is the cream of the crop of the search world, the 2007 Top 10 search blog posts nominated in the Rubber Chicken Award for the dullest and most boring/serious SEO/SEM article:
- Want traffic? Rank for High Traffic Keywords…
- We Add Words to AdWords… Google Subtracts them
- Why eBay and Wikipedia rule Google’s SERPs
- SEOs home alone - Google’s nightmare
- 13 Things to Do When Your Loved One is Away at Conferences
- SEO High School Confidential - Premiere Edition!
- The Sphinn Awards - Part I & -Part II.
- Top 21 Signs You Need a Break From SEO (2007 version)
- 10 Signs That You May Be a Blog Addict
- The SEO’s Guide to Beginners
- The Internet Marketer’s Nightmare
- Mission Accomplished—Top Ranking in Google
- Google Interiors - the day my house became searchable
I’ve selfishly marked the two posts you want to vote for. Because all nominations are truly awesome, just vote for everything but make sure to check “5” for #3 and #4:
Thank You, Dear Reader!
Update: I can’t post another voting whore call to action today, but of course I’d very much appreciate your vote in the Best SEO Blog of 2007 category at SEJ’s 2007 Search Blog Awards.
Share/bookmark this: del.icio.us • Google • ma.gnolia • Mixx • Netscape • reddit • Sphinn • Squidoo • StumbleUpon • Yahoo MyWeb
Subscribe to Entries Comments All Comments